Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ugly vs Rad

Um I am in Lubbock today.  I drove in yesterday, hungover.  I am here with the family till Friday.  I of course cried all the way from Dallas to Abilene, so lame.  AM radio gets an impressive amount of distance though, because as I balled for three straight hours the fellas of the Hardline were able to entertain me one last time.  You know what guys, space IS super gay.  I will miss Mike the cow most of all.  Moo.  Now once I pulled into this little town I was greeted by the extreme beigeness of my mother’s neighbors landscaping.  Pictured below is the decision making of what I assume happens when a person hates their life.



My last week in Dallas was so amazingly terrible and equally full of fantasy that I am still trying to process everything.  Now to save face I can not openly let out my frustrations regarding my many disappointments.  I can however tell you that I am happy to be moving on.  My going away party was fantastically awkward and incredible.  I hung on like a trooper for a solid seven hours!  Asking me for specifics of this night will get you no where.  For me I am just going to say it all felt like a dream (gin).  Pictures I do not necessarily remember taking shown below.




I think I slept for maybe two hours before making my way to oak cliff for coffee and help.  My friends nursed me back to life with sentimental conversations, and the beautiful ability we all have to laugh at ourselves.  I might be crying right now thinking about this, but it is ok, I have spell check.


 



The only thing to do on a day off, in Texas, during the summer, when you are recovering, is get in a pool, and have a beer.  So that is what we did.  Here I have proof.  Go.




My father was so kind as to drive to Dallas my last night and have dinner with my crew.  He is a bit of a foodie so when he comes into town we have to be creative with our dining choices.  Behind half price books is a German place called Hanks.  On weekends they have live “entertainment”.  This Saturday there was an accordion player who after going through every sitcom theme song from the 70s, and his version of Stairway to Heaven, that was a completely serious request from someone, he put on a bandana with fake braids and completed the show doing his version of a Willie Nelson impression.  He was NOT Willie Nelson, thank you David Sedaris.



The night ended with us watching a bit of the movie Hook in the parking lot of Half Price books, which in the summer will show movies there.  People of Dallas if you were unaware of them doing this then please aware yourself now.  They let you know the movie before viewing and people theme dress!  There were pirates, tinkerbells, and lost boys galore!  Hipsters and Rufio dress about the same, so some of those could not have been costumes.  From there I won’t go into the details of the sadness that followed the rest of our beautiful evening.  The following morning though can just suck it!  My plan had been to leave around mid day, but everything fell apart.  True to form I had a dramatic temper tantrum before lunch, after lunch and again around what I would call a post lunch snack time.  I decided to stay one more night, watch the Mavs, see a few more friends I had yet to say goodbye to, and spend one more night in Dallas with people I adore!  I have great love for my friends.  They are all so fantastically different.  We all teach and learn so much from each other.  Please to all those who I love and am moving so far from, let’s just say “Have a good day”.  This little phrase dismisses any sense of permanence from our distance.  It leaves the feeling of a see you later vibe.  I am going to force those who I can not give up to continually and actively be participators in each others lives!  Erika, you are my soul mate so do not fight it!  I would give him up over and over again to have you in my life.  If the reason I was put through hell with him was to be your friend then in that I finally found peace.  You are the Texas sun kid and I will take you with me forever.  Bangarang!  

No comments:

Post a Comment